Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lem Lem

I just found these fabulous Lem Lem scarfs online while I was doing some fall shopping for myself. I'm totally head over heels for the colors and gorgeous textures of these beauties. How bananas are these? Don't you just want ever single one?












Supermodel / actress and World Health Organisation's Goodwill Ambassador for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Liya Kebede discovered that traditional weavers in her native country of Ethiopia were losing their jobs due to a decline in local demand for their goods and wanted to do something about it. Recognizing the beauty, quality and historic significance of their work, Liya started Lemlem in 2007 as a way to inspire economic independence in her native country and to preserve the art of weaving. Today, Lemlem, which means to flourish or bloom in Amharic, is thriving. 

They're all so beautiful, I can't even choose a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment