Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sparkling Grafitti

Well, my parents went home yesterday. So sad, I already miss them. So back to the blog to keep me distracted from being depressed. I'm completely in awe with this post I saw over at because I'm addicted. How bananas are these sequins street art installations by Danish/Czech artist Theresa Himmer in Reykjavik, Iceland?


"I was interested in how these visual qualities also recall how landscapes respond to changes in wind and light. I moved from Denmark to Reykjavik in 2005 and the Series came as a response to my encounter with Icelandic nature and culture. In this context the sequins operate on dual levels. As they scintillate like water, ice or lava, they have an immediate visual and formal quality, which, in this framework, addresses the relationship between the natural and the artificial. Meanwhile, extracted from the commercial world, they serve as a critique of the increasing and disturbing commodification of Icelandic nature." - Theresa Himmer


You guys know how much I love sequins, or anything that sparkles for that matter, so this has me dreaming of doing this all over my house!!! Simply a-m-a-z-i-n-g.









No comments:

Post a Comment